Sunday, September 24, 2006

Changing of the Guard


This week, Diego and I purchased a 2005 Toyota Prius! We wanted a newer, safer car for me and baby. And I wanted a car that could match the Saturn in fuel economy. It's still getting more than 30 mph at the ripe age of almost 7 years old. At 50 +/- mpg, I think the Prius will do just that. It's going to be a bit hard giving up the Saturn. I bought it in early 2000 and it has taken me (and Ashley) down a lot of very interesting roads. But the power windows/locks go along way towards assuaging my sadness. What can I say, I'm a simple girl. I had hoped to post a picture of my Prius and Diego's Land Cruiser side by side. It's quite a sight of opposites. I gave the new car a test run down to Richmond on Friday and it did great on the highway. I am definitely very pleased with the purhcase.

No comments: