Friday, September 26, 2008

Baby Reindeer

Seven years ago (in December), I bought my niece Maggie a rain coat for Christmas, in anticipation of her trip to Tanzania just a few months later. At the time, she was 4 months old. I bought a 18-mo jacket so that it would still be plenty big when the monsoon season came around. Not only did Maggie wear the jacket that year (2001) and probably the next, her brother Franklin wore it in 2004/2005 and Solomon wore it in 2006. Now, it is Luis's turn to wear it.
We had a rainy day yesterday. Luis asked ALL DAY to go outside to play. Just before dinner, we went out to splash in the puddles. Luis had a fantastic time.

Luis was so excited to be outside, he took off at a run in search of puddles.
I don't understand why, but Luis always stops to stand in the neighbors flower garden. Even when it's raining.
Luis, mid-stomp.

(When I was shopping for the rain slicker, I was with my friend Sarah, she had misunderstood what I was looking for and thought I wanted to buy Maggie Lou a Baby Reindeer instead of Baby Rain Gear. The name has stuck.)

1 comment:

Jules said...

Looks all cute surrounded by flowers!