Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Eggs


Easter is not a big holiday in our house, though I do have VERY fond memories of Easter in Norwell, with the Norris's (during my college years). They did it up right from the dying of eggs, great egg hunts, delicious feasts and as many friends and family as would make the journey. While it is the easter egg dying that I have tried to hold on to, it was the friends and family that I loved the most from those spring days.

Last year, we had Caleb and Bethany over to dye eggs and then have a hunt. Luis had a great time with they dying, but really didn't get the hunting part so well. This year, we were slow to get our act together, didn't invite anyone over, and actually didn't dye eggs until Easter evening after dinner. Whoops. But still, it was fun.



I wasn't really thinking the whole process through when I grabbed these shallow bowls. Lucky for us, Luis really like to move the eggs from bowl to bowl to bowl (to bowl), and to turn them constantly. So while few eggs were evenly colored any one given color, they were all fully dyed.

No comments: