Friday, October 27, 2006

The Evolution Continues






Once Diego finished the crib, I couldn't get my hands on a mattress fast enough. I ordered one from Amazon (so much easier than going to a store) and it was delivered 3 days later. That very day I got the mattress in, as well as all of the linens on. I LOVE the way it all looks together. Diego found the matching rug, so we've rolled that out as well. It's hard to tell but on the book shelf is Jorge el Curioso (in Spanish), Le Noel de Madeline (in French) and Uncle Remus Stories(in Southern). We're going for multi-cultural children! I think that the picture with Ashley in front of the crib is a site I will see very often.

And the basement/office is also progressing nicely. I've gotten a bit more organized and Diego has moved a bunch of furniture for me. The next thing to get is a futon, and I'm hoping to do that in a couple of weeks. In general, I'm very pleased with how all of the household projects are coming.

Speaking of projects, just this morning Diego was perusing the plans to make a glider. I love the idea that so much of the nursery furniture was hand-made by Diego.

1 comment:

Jules said...

it's so preeeeeeetty. I love how Ashley looks like she's taken over the rug as "her" spot.