Monday, January 22, 2007

One Month!!




I'm finding it a little hard to believe that it's been ONE MONTH since Luis was born. On one hand, I can't figure out what I've done for a whole month (besides lots of diapers and lots of feedings); where has the time gone? On the other hand, it really is hard to remember life before Luis! He seems such a natural part of our lives now - like he's always been around. It's a strange dichotomy that I'd heard from other new parents before. Now, I can appreciate it.


Luis's Costa Rican aunts personalized several onesies for him. Here, you can see that his initials were embroidered on the chest. The whole set of them are adorable. I love the designs, but I also love the kimono-style onsie: they don't go over the head - which I find to be a challenge to put on a baby with minimal head control.
Luis goes back to the pediatrician on Wednesday for his one-month check up. I'm interested to see where he falls for height and weight. The most common comment I get on the blog is how much Luis has grown and changed already. It's harder for me to notice since I'm looking at him so much every day. But looking at the first picture here, it does seem that Luis takes up a lot more space in the bassinet than when we first brought him home. I can also see that he fills out his clothes better now. I'll be sure to post the results.
Speaking of posts - I plan to post at least one picture every day this week. Diego is Mumbai for the week, and is missing Luis like crazy (I think he misses me too, but not such that he needs to see photos!). Just remember, Luis can only strike so many poses, so I can't promise how interesting the posts will be by Friday...

No comments: