Saturday, December 01, 2007

Out and About in Mumbai

(Editors Note: This post is especially for Todd Keithley. He makes very sweet comments about pictures of Luis and persistently asks about life outside our apartment.)

There have been conspicuously few pictures of Mumbai on this blog. I don't often think to take pictures of my neighborhood (the suburb of Bandra). And with traffic so terrible, I don't get out of my neighborhood very often. South Mumbai has many historical buildings and sites - as well as great shopping. It was the shopping that took Erika and I down there earlier in the week. When traffic is very light, it takes about 25 minutes to get all the way down to the very southern point (Gateway of India). During rush-hour, it can take more than 3 hours. Generally, during the "light" part of the day, it only takes a little more than an hour. Each way.

Erika and I really only did shopping on Tuesday. But as we drove past the Gateway of India, Anwar pulled over, we jumped out, and I snapped a picture of the Gateway, the harbor in front, and the Taj hotel across the street.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary!!! I feel terrible, but I've lost your email address... I'd love to catch up with you... I've been keeping up with your Blog and just love following your adventures. Please shoot me an email at smithfam07@mac.com when you have some down time!
-Les

todd said...

Great photos! Thanks, MC -- I'm thrilled to have a dedicated post.