Monday, June 09, 2008

Busy Week!!

I didn't mean to let a whole week go by without a post. But, well, it did. And it was a busy week! Luis had a combined 15-mo/18-mo check up. His stats were: height 33 3/4" (85%), weight 25lbs (35%) and head circumference 18 1/2" (15%). I don't think of him as a tall skinny kid with a little head - but I guess that's what the numbers suggest. The more important part of the visit was that Luis seems to be really healthy and doing great. I suspected as much, but I always appreciate the validation from the pediatrician...
I finished our taxes. I actually enjoy doing our taxes. But this year it was really hard. I could get into the details of why and how, but I am certain that I'm the only one who cares...



I finally put together the rocking horse from Ikea. Still a big hit!






Diego took Luis out to play with this super cool bubble-wand-thingy. It's hard to say who liked it more - Diego or Luis. "Bubbas" or bubble is one of Luis's words.

We went over to Erika & Dave's for lunch on Saturday. (This is "Peruvian Erika" and her (new) husband Dave - not to be confused with Erika & Dave our friends in Mumbai.) They have two chiuauas and a whippet. Luis was fascinate. But he may have liked their hose more. It's hard to say. Erika - one of the best cooks we know - made us ceviche for lunch. It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!




Sarah, Matthew & Will Rimicci came over for a play today. We had a nice lunch and then a fun swim in the neighbor's pool. It was a short - but very nice visit.


This evening, Diego dropped Luis and me off at Carmax on his way to BWI. He was flying down to Melbourne Florida where we've rented a house until 19 July. He moves in to it tomorrow morning. Luis and I bought a 2005 Toyota Camry. We'll be taking on a Southern Road Tour starting Thursday, hitting Richmond, Durham, Rock Hill, Atlanta and at least one town with a play ground between Atlanta and Melbourne. At the moment, I don't have pictures of either the house or the car, but will have plenty over the next couple of weeks.
Tomorrow we are going to Fairfax in the morning to see Dodie's new house. We're going to Washington DC late morning & (I hope) early lunch to see Maggie Gumbinner, her girls, Will's girls and Mary Ann (all at "Cousins Camp" at Maggie's house) and then receiving Sam & Mary Beth - my good friends from Bombay who are here in the States for a visit. In between all of that, I have to pack our stuff for Florida. Looks like it's another busy week ahead of us!

1 comment:

Luis Hernán Rincón Rincón said...

Our little man is growing fast!
Hi Erika, I love the two beauties in the photo. Your face and Luis`s shirt bring Peru to my eye and hearth. I wish you and your husband the best.
Thanks, Mary. Have a pleasant voyage!
Hi, Diego. Are you alive and well?