Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Christmas Clean Up

For a long time now, I have dreamed of being more organized with my Christmas stuff. Unfortunately, I rarely tap into that dream when it's time to take down the tree and put everything away. This year, however, I did it!

I saved a couple of the plastic boxes that apples come in for ornament storage. Turns out that it was the perfect thing! I got 90% of my fragile ornaments into the apple boxes. Putting the ornaments in the apple box was SO MUCH easier and faster than wrapping them all back up in tissue paper. The real test will come next Christmas when I get them all out again. Assuming that nothing gets broken, I will be thrilled.


The other thing that made Christmas Clean Up successful this year was that I actually did the whole house in the same day. This means that everything actually got put back in the proper box (something I have never managed to do in the past - with the result that I find random Christmas stuff in random drawers and boxes throughout the year).

All of this gives me hope that I may some day be more organized. Some day. I really, really hope.

No comments: