Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rescue Scene


I am often impressed with Luis's imagination (a quality he definitely got from his dad!). Yet still, every once in a while, he really catches me off guard with what he creates. This morning, he called me in to the front hall to see what he had made. I knew he had his fire truck in there, which is not unusual. I knew that he had been in there a while playing, which is also not unusual. But when I came in to see his handy work, a bit unusual.

This rescue scene is much more realistic than the ones he has created in the past, somehow more complete.

With the sun streaming in the front door, it's a little hard to see the fire fighter up at the top of the ladder, with the water nozzle turned on the imaginary fire. Note the traffic cones between the trucks to delineate the area where the rescue guys are working.


It took Luis a while to get the firemen's little hands to grasp onto the handlebars on the truck. Looks like he's got it all figured out now!


This is Luis explaining all of the components to me, including the airplane to fly any hurt people to the nearest hospital.


No comments: