Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Georgia Aquarium

This morning, Diego, Luis and I went to the Georgia Aquarium. Our friends Jason & Cara inspired us to go after their great trip earlier in the year. (Sorry - that's a lot of links!)
I was excited to take Luis because I thought he'd really enjoy it. Turns out, I think Diego had the most fun -both in seeing everything and in sharing this "underwater" experience with Luis.
I would highly recommend the Aquarium to anyone in (or visiting Atlanta). The displays were fantastic and the building is set up so that it flows very well.
This was one of several places where you could touch an animal. Luis gently touched the anemones, but I'm not sure he had any idea it was a living creature. In another place, you could pet the sting rays and baby sharks. But, you had to get your hand kind of far into the water, which Luis couldn't really do - so he missed out.
I particularly liked the beluga whales. They are such beautiful creatures.
And in this last picture, I'm guessing that it was almost feeding time. This seal kept jumping up to look into the window.

No comments: