Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cupcakes!!

Luis has picked up a fascination with cupcakes. Not sure where it came from, but it's here. He's been asking for cupcakes all week, and each time, I've told him that we'd make some (I am continuing my effort to have Luis help me in the kitchen and be involved in the cooking). But I always forgot to follow through with actually MAKING them. Yesterday, Luis reminded me at a good time (i.e. not at dinner, not at bath time, not while at the gym or in the car) - so we made a batch. Luis did a great job pouring the sauce (oil & water) and cracking the huevos (eggs) and holding the mixer. But what he was especially good at was tasting the batter. Every 8 seconds. And it was good batter. I kept shooing him away from the batter - not because I disapprove of batter-tasting, but because I intended to give him the spoon when we were done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to this day i'm bitter when my mother doesn't give me the spoon to lick after! its the best part of the whole cake.