Saturday, March 14, 2009

Caleb Comes Again


Luis's friend, Caleb came over Friday morning for an ultra-early play date (Bethany, his mom, had a 7a meeting).  This is the 4th time that Luis and Caleb have played together.  And while there are definite moments of toy-hording and a few pushes, I am always a bit surprised to see how well they do together, and to see what appears to be true affection in their relationship.  

It was a fun morning, with only a few tears and one threat of time out (for Tu-Lease, as Caleb calls him).  Caleb stubbed his toe at one point and limped over to me, teary-eyed.  "Miss Mary (sniff, sniff), I ouchied my toe (sniff, sniff)."  I sat on the floor with him to inspect the damage and to give a hug.  At the same time, Luis came over, gave Caleb a hug and said, "I'm sorry you ouchie Caleb, I'm sorry you ouchie".  Caleb, who uses the potty instead of diapers, amazed Luis as he stood up  to "tee-tee" in the potty (the word for peeing at Caleb's house).  I really think that Luis now thinks you sit to Pee Pee in the potty and stand to Tee Tee in the potty.  (Luis's friendship with Caleb has really sparked Luis's interest in the potty!)

Caleb & Luis playing with our Elmo puzzle book

Caleb & Luis enjoying breakfast - dry cereal and mini-bagels with sour cream (Luis confused cream cheese and sour cream)

Luis & Caleb playing "trucks"

No comments: