Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Seasoned Traveller

This morning, Luis and I flew from Dallas to Charlotte (for a McDow Family "Thanksgiving in March"). After getting our boarding passes at the ticket counter and checking in Luis's car seat, we headed for the TSA line. Luis and I snaked our way through the empty line up to the table & bins. While I was pulling out my zip lock bag of liquids and folding up the stroller, I looked over to make sure Luis was OK. In fact, he had walked over to the stack of bins, pulled the top one off and set it on the floor. Then he sat himself down next to it to take his shoes off. After that, he lifted the bin up onto the table (that was actually taller than Luis).
Diego, who was watching from outside the screening area and I, were both amazed. Luis hasn't been on a plane (or through screening) since early December. I hadn't thought he'd remember all that. But clearly, he did. I just wish that I had a photo to capture the moment.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Wow. And I bet he had all his toiletries in ziploc baggies, put his hoodie inside the bin and didn´t carry huge bottles of shampoo and conditioner in his carry-on :)