Sunday, March 01, 2009

Erika & Skylar - Saturday

Saturday was much, much cooler than the days before (with a high less than 50).  After homemade waffles and bacon for breakfast, we pretty much just hung around the house.  Erika packed up and the kids played outside.

The whole visit with Skylar and Erika was fantastic.  Luis and Skylar played great together - mostly sharing toys, books, markers, and bath time.  Skylar was a great role model for Luis, re-igniting his interest to "pee pee on the potty".  She also heated up his interest in coloring.  Each morning (and after nap), Luis would immediately ask, "What Skylar doooo-ing?  Go see Skylar.  Go play Skylar!"  He only wanted to be doing what she was doing.  And he often repeated whatever it was she had just said.  It was very sweet to watch.  And I enjoyed having Erika around.  Having not seen her for 10 months, it was so natural and relaxing to spend days together, playing with our kids, sharing gallons of coffee and reminiscing about our time in Bombay (and speculating about the future).

After naps, Luis and I took Erika & Skylar to the airport.  At the TSA line, we gave hugs and kisses all around and said goodbye.  I told Luis that we might not see them for a long time - that this was a different kind of goodbye.  Luis ran over to Erika and gave her another hug - a HUGE hug - and then another hug and another kiss.  I was very sad to put them on the plane to VA (their next stop).  When we were leaving the airport, I teared up a bit.  Luis asked, "Why Mommy sad?"  I told him it was because our friends were leaving and that I'd miss them very much.  Luis gave me a hug and kiss and said, "I'm sorry Mommy sad." 

The only picture of the four of us - Skylar, Erika, me and Luis - was taken just moments before they left.
Skylar & Luis - Luis is wearing the new kurta that Shabina (our old cook and now Erika's cook) sent for Luis.

Despite MUCH cooler temps, we still enjoyed playing on the swing set.

Skylar on the zip line.

Skylar was very sweet with and interested in Ashley; here she is throwing the Frisbee for her.

1 comment:

David Stader said...

Wow Mary, Thanks for taking care of my family... looks like you all had a great time!!! I'm sorry again for missing it and seeing you, Diego and Luis. Hopefully we'll be able to catch up soon.

Dave