Saturday, July 25, 2009

Craziness

Two weeks ago was a crazy week with Diego home sick for two days (he's feeling much better now), Luis's school closing on Wednesday to clean up after a swine flu case was reported, and the cable guy being here all day Thursday. I am enough like my dad that THAT much disruption to the schedule threw me for a loop. Friday night, I went to be at 8:30p!

This week is crazy because half of my kitchen, the back entrance to our house and the laundry room floors are being torn out (of the house we are renting in TX). It's a complicated story, but when the owners did a big renovation 5 years ago, somebody didn't properly account for rain and runoff water, resulting in water under the sub-floor and a completely rotten sub-floor and floor. (Who that "somebody" is is the million dollar question - I don't know the answer.)

This week was demo week. Next week, they'll put new sub-floor in, reinstall the cabinets, reinstall the tops and stove top. The week after new tile floor will come in. The plan is that the whole duration will be about 3 weeks, but I should only be shut out of my kitchen for 5 days.

I'll post more next week.


The first day they removed the counter tops

The second day they removed the cabinets

The third day they removed the floor and some of the rotten floor joists



This is the pile of what they took out

If I were to actually walk in through the back door this morning, I'd fall into this hole

No comments: