Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Trip to the Zoo (with Luka)

In the last couple of weeks, we have been doing more with Luis's friend Luka (and Luka's mom Lea Ann). Today, we went to the zoo together, and had a great time!

One of the nicest things about going to a familiar place with new people is that we see new things (the first time we went to the zoo with Hyram and his family, we finally made it all the way to the reptile house, a sight we'd missed our first 100 visits to the zoo). Luka and Lea Ann introduced us to the Discovery House - a classroom like area in the children's zoo area. Honestly, we migrated that way to enjoy the air conditioning, but found lots of interesting things once inside.

The MOST interesting, to me at least, was when Luis picked up a piece of chalk to draw a picture of Fireman Sam. I was expecting a sort of scribble that I normally see. When I looked up distractedly and saw this:


I almost fell out of my chair. I had no idea Luis could draw such a LIFE-LIKE drawing. Pretty exciting stuff.

Here are Luka and Luis playing on a caterpillar in the kids zoo. All in all, it was a fun day!

No comments: