Saturday, May 29, 2010

35 Weeks


I'm trying to be better about getting pregnancy shots. But so far, I'm taking them myself, which doesn't make it any easier. This is right at 35 weeks - and I'm definitely showing! For a comparison shot, here is me a 34 weeks when I was pregnant with Luis. With the clothing being so different, I find it hard to compare, personally.


The last week or so has been tough - due to some minor swelling, I can no longer wear my wedding or engagement ring, and I'm down to just 2 pairs of shoes. These things happened last time, so I wasn't so surprised. But a couple of days ago, I woke up, put my contacts in, and realized that I couldn't really see out of my right eye. Got a new contact for that eye, and still everything was fuzzy. Took me a few more minutes to realize that this was another side effect of pregnancy swelling - that my eye ball had change shape just enough to render my current contact prescription "invalid" for me (not sure of the right word, but the bottom line is that everything was suddenly blurry!). I'm not looking forward to a month of just my glasses. The last time I bought new glasses was just after Luis was born. The prescription is way out of date AND the glasses don't fit well (easily slip down my nose every time I look down). Sigh. A small price to pay for a new life - or so I keep telling myself!!

I'm still trying to catch up on blog posts, and am posting a bit out of order. I am hoping to get a little more caught up over the weekend. At my last OB appointment (35 weeks!) my doctor told me I needed to be off my feet and resting more. This is bad news in terms of caring for Luis, Diego and the house, but it may be good news for my work with Thomas and updating the blog...

No comments: