Wednesday, July 21, 2010

First Bath


I'm a little bit embarrassed that Alejo is three weeks old and we are just giving him his first bath at home. It's true that he doesn't really sweat or get into things -he isn't playing in the sandbox with his brother. Still, three weeks seems like a long time. A big part of it is that Alejo is such a great sleeper that he is hardly awake long enough to get a bath in! I wanted to Diego to do it with me, but this made it a bit more difficult to coordinate the time (around meals and Luis's bedtime routine).

Generally speaking, Alejo was pretty unimpressed by the whole event. He sat quietly for the soaping up and the rinsing off. As soon as we had him out of the tub and onto the towel, he started to really shiver, and then to cry. It was a little too cold for him.




3 comments:

Mercedes said...

Linda foto y linda historia, papá disfrutando con el baño de Alejandro

ET said...

I meant to tell you earlier when we were talking baths....after a few early ones in a baby tub (which Sky didn't really like) we started taking her to the bath or shower with one of us and she was much happier. I think the skin to skin contact helped keep her warm and comforted. Plus, when we did showers (still a two-person job) it was quick which worked well with the whole sleepy baby thing. I think the G-parents thought we were nuts but we were super careful and never had a problem and she was happier.

Luis Hernan said...

I love these photos. Sure, I do not remember myself giving my kids a first bath, but I will not forget seen my first son Diego giving a first bath to mi second nephiu Alejandro. The photo is now full size as my PC's desktop.