Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A New Style of Dinner

Two nights ago, I was a little unprepared for dinner and didn't have the right kinds of pureed foods available. I didn't think that sweet potato, chick peas and kidney beans would make for a well-balanced dinner. So I decided to try something new. I cut up some pasta, some cheese and some chicken and put it on the tray for Luis to feed himself. It was a very long dinner (almost one hour), but he did a great job of feeding himself. From time to time, I did help out with a spoonful here and there. But I'd say that he did 80% of the food-to-mouth work.
(And in case anyone is questioning the nutritional balance of the meal he DID get, he had a peach yogurt w/ cut up bananas for desert.)

3 comments:

Luis Hernán Rincón Rincón said...

I love Luis´s dinner as you described it. Complete and healthy!

Jules said...

Hey, he looks very curly haired!!!!

:D

Cara Terreri said...

Eating real food and feeding himself-- fun times ahead!