Thursday, February 14, 2008

Luis - The Little Helper

Luis has, for a very long time, been interested in the broom. Most mornings now, while I'm getting his breakfast together, Luis goes over to get the broom and then walks around the apartment with it. When Parvati is here, he really, really, really wants to help her and often gets a bit cranky if she won't let him.

And, Luis likes hanging out with Shabina in the kitchen. (Though this is actually Mom's kitchen in Annapolis.)

Since we've been back from our travels to the US, Luis has taken a shine to the gardener. Luis will sit inside the sliding glass doors and watch the gardener work on the patio. Yesterday, Pauline and Luis were playing outside and he walked over to the hose and started "watering" the plants. When the gardener came later on, I showed him Luis's new trick. The gardener LOVED it.
He asked me to get my camera to take a picture (mind you that he speaks NO English and I speak NO Hindi - so it was mostly through hand gestures). So I did. There were several cute ones, including this one. I printed it up for him and gave it to him.
Any chance that Luis will be this helpful when we move back to the US and I am the cook and I am the maid and I am the gardener??

No comments: