Saturday, February 09, 2008

Rajasthan Photos - Hotel & Pink City

Here's my attempt to get pictures up from the 2nd half of our Rajasthan Trip. For more details, see previous post by Mom. (All pictures are posted small, but can be clicked on to make full-size)


Jaipur, The Pink City - Bicycle rickshaws

More Jaipur - A group of ladies in saree's


Alsisar Havali Courtyard - Great for afternoon tea/coffee and general relaxing


Upstairs Courtyard - Great views of the city & Fabulous sunsets


Hotel Courtyard & Pool (For anyone going to Jaipur, I HIGHLY recommend the Alsisar Havali!)

We all enjoyed first class on Kingfisher!


This is the Palace that sits in the middle of the lake (though I forgot the name and can't find the guide book)



These are elephants that work at Amber Fort (taking tourists up to the main entrance) - apparently their shift was done for the day and they were headed home

This camel was, I presume, available for camel rides outside of Amber Fort. I was craning my neck out the window to get a good picture of him. His handler saw me, and kindly moved the camel so I could get a better snap. And then, the handler crossed the street to ask me for a tip for his kindness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The palace in the middle of the lake looks like the Jal Mahal.