Sunday, February 17, 2008

Reading Time

Sarah Rimicci is the most avid reading-encourager I know. When her babies were born, she took a book to the hospital to start reading to them. Wow! Some of our favorite books have been gifts from Sarah and her boys. Unfortunately, at normal reading time (before Luis goes down for a nap or the night), he has lately been too tired to sit for a story; he literally points towards his crib and sort of grunts/whimpers. But Luis has taking a new interest in the books in his room as something to play with. This picture was taken on Friday.


Today, he was flipping through "Miss Spiders Tea Party" - one of my favorite books. He paused frequently to kiss the page. (He's in a big kissing phase.) I was so pleased to watch him play with and be interested in the books that I mostly don't care about the wet pock marks on every 3rd page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Give Luis a big hug and read him a book just for me. Wish I could do it myself. :-)