Sunday, August 10, 2008

Not His Mother's Son


It is one of Mom's favorite stories to tell about me - how I hated to brush my teeth when I was little. She would sit on the toilet and sit me on her lap. Then she would cross one leg over my legs/torso and use one arm to pin my arms down. With her "free" hand, she would brush my teeth. For my part, I would wriggle and squirm and cry. I'm guessing it was not her favorite part of the day. (For the record, I'm MUCH better about teeth brushing as a grown up.)
Mom is definitely having a different experience with Luis. He LOVES to play with the tooth brush. So much so that she got him his own tooth brush to keep in her bathroom. Several times a day, he would wonder into her bathroom, point up at the counter and say "brh brh brh". The game included pretending to put tooth paste on the brush and having some water to rinse with at the end.

No comments: