Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Home Improvements Continue

The kitchen is 99% done. Diego's new crown molding looks fantastic. And, I will say, I am very pleased with the new paint job on the walls. My friend Kim Pexton helped me pick it out - it's Bavarian Cream. The kitchen has such a different feel than it did with the white walls and the dark red trim!



The powder room is also finished. When I went to hook the sink back up (revelling in my old plumber days), I couldn't get the p-trap installed correctly. I called in our good friend and contractor Nick to fix it. I felt a bit like a wimp calling in help for such a simple task. It ended up taking him about 90 minutes to hook it all up (and clean out the completely obstructed pipe that goes into the wall). Luis was fascinated by the work, and by Nick. All day, he followed Nick around (and has asked about him several times since). I am very happy with the new sink and the new paint color.

No comments: