Monday, December 01, 2008

A Familiar Place, Unfortunately


I'm sitting at the kitchen table, surrounded by boxes - not even a spoon to eat ice cream with.

The packers came today (1/2 of them at least) and got about 95% of our stuff into boxes. Tomorrow they will load the truck up. They'll be unloading it early next week in Dallas. I have a great picture of the biggest moving truck I've ever seen that is parked in front of my house. But I can't find the cable to download it. Sigh. Moving is tough. [found camera cable and added picture - 12/2/08]

The good news is that our house in Dallas is beautiful, and technically, is ours: Diego picked up the keys tonight and did a walk through. Luis and I fly down over the weekend to visit with Diego and be there to supervise the move in (and do lots and lots and lots of unpacking).

November was a busy month with two trips to Dallas and one to Atlanta. Then, it was a busy weekend with Diego in town for Thanksgiving, as well as ~ 75% of the McDow family. There was lasagna dinner here on Wednesday, turkey dinner at Maggie's on Thursday, waffle brunch (and leftover turkey lunch) at Dodie's on Friday, as well as a reception for my cousin and his new wife at Dodie's on Saturday. Unfortunately, I didn't take a single picture. Soon, soon, I'll try to get some updates on us, life and all the goings on.

1 comment:

DR said...

Im really upset that I missed Lasagna dinner..