Sunday, December 21, 2008

Florida!

After 27 hours on the road (over 6 days), Luis and I arrived in Florida on Saturday to spend Christmas with Mom and all of her children & grandchildren.  It was a long, long trip made longer by both Luis and me being sick (Luis was diagnosed today with an ear infection - I've got a nasty cold).  We are loving being here - with Diego, with my siblings, with Luis's cousins, surrounded by family.  In 2004, we were in Costa Rica with Maggie & Franklin.  In 2006, Solomon was with the group, but Diego, Luis (1 day old) and I stayed home.  This year, there are FIVE grandkids - Maggie (8), Franklin (5),  Solomon (3), Luis (2 - tomorrow!) and Baby Eston (1 month).  Five little kids is a very different dynamic!


On our way down, we spent Monday night with Aunt Midge in Fairfax.  Tuesday, we had lunch with Richmond Heather and drove on to South Carolina where we spent two nights with Thomas & Lucy.  We also had nice visits with Mary Kathryn & Bo, Mary Ann and Clarkson.  Thursday, we drove to Peachtree City and spent a night with Jason, Cara, Evan (2.5) and Grant (8 mo).  (They have graciously and generously agreed to keep Ashley while we are in Florida!)  Friday was on to Randolph, Lauren & Eston's place in Atlanta for 1/2 nights sleep before getting on the road at 3a on Saturday.  That last leg (12 hours!), it was Randolph, Lauren, Eston, Luis & me in my Camry.  We fit, but barely.

I'll try to post again from here.  I don't have my own computer, so I'm not sure how many pictures I'll get up.  From here, we drive back to Atlanta on Saturday.  Sunday, we'll pick up Ashley in the afternoon and then Thomas - who is flying in to finish the last driving leg with us.  Monday morning, we'll start out on the drive back to Dallas, with the plan to spend the night and arrive on Tuesday afternoon.  Thomas will then fly back to SC on Wednesday.  Luis, Diego, Ashley and I will start the new year, together, in our new house in Dallas. 

No comments: