Thursday, December 02, 2010

Alejo Tries Rice Cereal

In preparation for Alejo's and my trip to South Carolina (and the 12+ hour days he'll be spending with Mom while I'm in court), I started Alejo on cereal today. With Luis, it seemed like a much bigger deal; something that had been thought about and planned out in advance. With Alejo, it was much a whim. I waited almost another month to start Alejo on cereal. My main reason was that it added another complication to the day: Nursing is easy, and can with minimal fuss or equipment needed. Cereal requires bumbo's and bowls and spoons and my undivided attention (to make sure he doesn't choke or fall out of the bumbo). Undivided attention is hard to find around here these days (much to Luis's chagrin).


In general, it went well. Alejo seemed very eager to eat with the spoon, and did a pretty good job of actually swallowing a good bit of the cereal. I found that I had a hard time shovelling it in fast enough. I have a great video of it, but have not yet figured out how to post video from my phone to the blog. Sigh, someday.

No comments: