Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Luis's School Birthday

Luis with his Birthday Crown

On Wednesday, Luis celebrated his birthday at school. It was a busy day, as it was also the day that his class had their holiday party (the first of many years that Luis's birthday and holiday parties will be married, I am sure!).

I set out to make some train cakes for the class, like last year. While I remembered Jules being instrumental in the decorating and arranging of the cakes, I thought I had done a pretty good job on the baking of the cakes. Either my memory does not serve me correctly, or I have lost my touch. This year, the trains were a big mess, sticking to the pan in great clumps, and coming out in chunks. I was feeling a bit down about them. When I explained to Luis that he would be having round cupcakes because the train cakes didn't turn out well, he insisted on seeing them. So I showed them to him (I had saved them thinking they would still be nice to snack on). He inspected them closely and then turned to me and said, "Momma, those train cakes are just perfect for my birthday. They are yummy and sticky and delicious. And perfect. PERFECT." It was one of the sweetest things he has said to me.

Here is what Luis ended up with this year. The real treat, however, was that Diego went to school and joined Luis for cupcakes and the holiday party. Luis was surprised and thrilled to see Diego when he showed up. I really loved hearing Luis gush about how great it was later. Below are some photos that Diego took during the holiday party of the various crafts and games that were going on:

Circle Time with Ms. Carolyn

Crafts with Ms. Maria and Ms. Carolyn



No comments: