Monday, April 09, 2007

Show on the Road: Durham & Chapel Hill

Last week, Luis and I hit the road, heading south, to see family. The first leg of our trip took us to Durham where we visited Gigi Coward (Luis's great-grandmother) and then spent the night with Will & Leslie McDow (my cousin - already I'm confused on how people are related to Luis). Luis was great in the car, sleeping the entire way. Then, Luis was great at visiting, flashing his happy smile at everyone.

Here are pictures of Laura Mishler, Luis & Florence on the couch. I think this picture looks a bit awkward because of the way I propped up Luis. Then, it's all of the kids & Will out in front of Will's house (the night before the temperatures dropped below freezing and 1/2 the East Coast got snow). Will asked Laura Mish to take her hat off for the next picture, but I rather prefer this one!
For more pictures of Will's family, check out http://www.mcdowkids.blogspot.com/
Then, on Thursday morning, we headed down the road to Chapel Hill to visit with Abby, Piers and Charlotte Norris Turner. We had a yummy breakfast and a very nice visit. Charlotte was super cute (the only way I've ever seen her) and very interested in Luis.
This stop had an extra purpose. I have started though the sorting & cleaning process around the house - trying to cull many of our possessions, so that there will not be much to store when we head to India. Remember back to all of the wonderful clothes and baby gear that Alison gave me? Well, it's hard to believe, but it's already time to give much of that back. Abby is going to be the keeper of McDow/ Norris/ Turner baby things. So, I loaded up the back of my Prius (and I mean loaded to the top!!) with baby clothes, the moses basket, and a few other odds & ends and brought them to Abby. I'm a little sad to see them go - especially the basket. But it also feels good to have a few more things out of the house.
And for more pictures of Charlotte, check out http://www.thesistersnorris.blogspot.com/
From Chapel Hill, it was on to Rock Hill...

No comments: