Monday, April 09, 2007

Show on the Road: Richmond



As I mentioned, we left Rock Hill very early on Sunday. It was supposed to be at 5a, after Luis got up to feed. Only problem was he woke an hour earlier than usual. So, we were out the door at 4a. It was a long, sleepy drive up I85. Luckily, I had planned to stop in Richmond for a visit (and breakfast) with Heather and a much needed rest. Luis was a good visitor - sleeping while we had breakfast and then being very sweet and happy (a big plus for when we visit people without kids). Heather was an excellent host with a great breakfast and huge mug of coffee for me and a snuggle and a toy for Luis.
The break in Richmond is just what I needed to finish the 400+ mile trip. But before heading home, Luis and I went over to my aunt Midge's house to collect Ashley (who spent the weekend with Midge) and to visit with Emily & Rafael and Meg & Sarah. Midge had saved me some lunch, which was a treat. (I had breakfast at 6a at Bojangles and was reminded of why I never eat fast food!) Unfortunately, I didn't think to take my camera out at Midge's, so there are no pictures.
All in all, it was a GREAT road trip. Luis met McDow family, Coward family, and Norris family. I had a fun time seeing everyone and introducing around Luis. But I also had a really fun time with Luis. Without household chores, laundry or cooking to do, he and I had what felt like A LOT more time to play together. And Luis was smiling and grinning just about the whole trip. Still, when we finally made it home, it was good to be here.

No comments: