Saturday, April 19, 2008

Crate Training?

It's a little bit hard for me to believe, but the movers are scheduled to pack up our apartment here in Mumbai one month from today. One month. Wow! Time goes so fast. I remember clearly when it was only one month until the movers were coming to the house in Falls Church..


In preparation for the move, and for the journey home, I got Ashley's crate out of storage. I wanted to give her plenty of time to get used to it so that when it's time for her to spend 20+ hours in it, 16 of which will be sitting in the belly of a plane; well I want her to feel as comfortable as possible. Today Babu brought it down from storage and Luis helped me get it all cleaned out. I put a blanket in it, and positioned it prominently in the living room. Ashley showed almost no interest in it. Luis however, was FASCINATED. This is only one of a dozen pictures.
After Luis went to bed, I put Ashley's dinner in the crate to encourage her to go inside - and to start the association of the crate as being a "good place." Either she was particularly hungry or she has no residual fears of the crate. But she scarfed up her dinner, in the crate, in no time flat.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's cute. Will you have to start watching out for books in the crate?

Luis Hernán Rincón Rincón said...

Our "Mascota" becomes part of our family! You are right in preparing Ashley early for the trip.
When we look at it closely, it is us who pass in time,--the fourth dimension.

Jules said...

tee heee. ashley probably things "wow, crate! time to go back!"

luis I´m guessing is super excited about his luis sized crate :P

todd said...

Does it look like Luis wants to eat his dinner in the crate, too?