Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Checking In

I haven't found my USB cord yet, so I still don't have pictures... But thought I'd do a little update.

Since my last post, we all seem to be doing much better with jet lag. Luis is waking up at midnight and at 3a, but is going back to sleep on his own. I'm still going to bed at 9a, but I think that is just life exhaustion - not jet lag.

We've had a busy week since we landed. Jeanette came to visit us over the long weekend. Sarah & Anthony get "Greatest Friends EVER" award for not only letting Ashley, Luis and I descend on their house (for a week!), but for letting me invite Jeanette to stay with us as well. It was a mostly quiet weekend around the house. I get a Bad Hostess award because I was asleep by 9p the first night and by 7:30p the second night that Jeanette was there. I was tired. For the few hours I managed to keep my eyes open, it was GREAT to visit with J.

Monday afternoon, we met up with RC and Juan Fe. The four of us went to a park where Luis tried out his climbing and swinging skills. He also discovered the sandbox - much to my chagrin. I am not a big sandbox fan. That will be Daddy's venue. Afterwards, we went to Sushi Hut where I feasted on California Rolls and Tempura Shrimp rolls. Mmmmmmm - they were great. The woman who runs the place was thrilled to see us and pointed out the two pictures of Luis on their "wall of fame". It was super sweet.

Tuesday, Luis and I walked up to the shopping center near Sarah's house and tried to get haircuts - but the lady I liked wasn't in yet. So we walked a bit further to the Baja Fresh and had lunch. I was very pleased at how much Luis seemed to like the rice & beans & chicken. And when I dipped the chicken in sour cream first, Luis made the "I love you" sign to me. Later, Luis and I went back (by car) and got hair cuts. His is a bit shorter than I imagined it would be, but still looks cute.

Now we are out at Mom's house in Annapolis. For how long - I'm not sure. At least until middle of next week....

(I hope to have more pictures in the next couple of days)

2 comments:

Jules said...

ohohoho!!! a sour cream lover, of COURSE!

How is he with avocado now?

Luis Hernán Rincón Rincón said...

Luis is a master of adjustment to odd cultures and homes, with all that comes and goes in the moving! To his fortune, his mom is at the reach of hand.