Sunday, May 04, 2008

Luis Learns More Signs

Luis is signing like a champ these days. Almost every question asked of him gives the answer (in sign) of PLEASE HELP or HELP PLEASE. And generally, help is what he needs. We're working on MUSIC now, as he's always asking to have the stereo turned on. THANK YOU is really sticking with Luis, as once he gets the thing that he asked for (saying, of course, PLEASE), he is too distracted to do the THANK YOU. I figure, all things in good time. But definitely now, the sweetest sign is this version of LOVE YOU that Luis does often, unprompted.

On the word front, today he got a version of "cracker" that was almost intelligible. And this morning, he banged on the bedroom, door looked at me, and said, "Da Da". I was pretty excited. I intend to keep up the sign, as long as Luis will let me.

1 comment:

Cara Terreri said...

So exciting about the signs--it's so nice when they're able to communicate instead of whine. I have to say that Luis looks a lot like Mary in this picture.