Thursday, June 11, 2009

Another Trip to the Zoo - With NEW Friends

This week, Luis's "school" was closed between spring and summer sessions. So we had a few extra days to get out and about. Wednesday, we went back to the zoo with Elijah (from Luis's class), his 5 year old sister Alexandra and their mom Trenda.

We saw the usual sights - the carousel, the flamingos and the kids zoo. The wandering stream in the kids zoo was by far the biggest hit. This time I was prepared with swim gear for Luis.



The kids did really well together - no bickering or squabbles, and did really well with the adults - lots of listening and paying attention.



The last thing we saw on the way out was this photo booth. All three kids had A LOT of fun playing in there and pretending... well I don't know what they were pretending. Alexandra asked for some money to take their picture. I reminded her that I had a camera and was happy to take her picture for free. She was unimpressed by my offer.

We ended up staying longer than I had intended, we were having too much fun to leave. Trenda is a member of the Fort Worth zoo, and we are talking about taking a trip there in a couple of weeks.

No comments: