Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Very Hungry Catepillar

Tonight for dinner, Luis partook in a slice of pizza, chicken nuggets, macaroni & cheese, a piece of buttered toast, a banana, and some rice & chicken soup mixed together. I say "partook in" instead of "ate" because he in fact, only ate a small, small amount of each dish. I'm not sure exactly what was going on with him. He has been, his whole life, a very easy-going eater. That seems to have changed (for me, Pauline doesn't have this problem) in the last week or so. And only sometimes, not all the time.

Since I was a child who would not eat sliced cheese if the cheese became torn to any extent during the unwrapping, put ketchup on almost everything that was put in front of me, ate only salad, carrots and green beans from the veggie food category, ordered plain hamburgers - no bun, and proved to be more stubborn than my FATHER (and who still, at one-day-shy of age 33, doesn't like onions, mustard, and black pepper), it would be entirely fair for Luis to have some period (or a whole childhood) of picky eating. But it would be nice if he didn't.

(PS - In case you didn't quite catch the subtle hint, tomorrow - 3/19 - is my birthday.)

2 comments:

Cara Terreri said...

Evan was always a good eater too... until recently. Like yourself, I also was a VERY picky child (not so much now), so it would only be fitting that he would return the favor of aggravation that I imparted on my parents.

Shawn and Brittany said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you get to enjoy some fun festivities!