Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter Weather


I have been watching with envy my DC & NY friend's blogs & facebook posts - talking about cold weather and snow and snow days. I love the cold. I love the snow. As it turns out, Mother Nature did not intend for us to miss out on the cold weather. Yesterday, the temperature dropped about 20 degrees (to freezing) and then the rain started. Then the sleet. Then the freezing rain. This morning, everything was covered with either sheets of ice or icicles. It was really pretty. Apparently, it was also treacherous. There were record number car accidents reported between last night and this morning. All the schools were closed here and many companies opened late. The down side is that Luis's school - which he goes to one day per week - was closed today. The upside is that because Diego didn't have to go in until later, he and Luis hung out this morning and let me go back to bed after breakfast!

No comments: