Friday, September 25, 2009

(Almost a) Family Picture

Last weekend, we went to Gloria's to celebrate our neighbor Tim's birthday. When I told Luis we were going out to dinner with Tim and Kyle, he said he didn't want to go. I added that it was for Tim's birthday. Luis paused for a moment to think about the implication of this last fact. "Can I have some of Mr. Tim's birthday cake?" When I told Luis that I thought he could, but he'd have to ask Mr. Tim, Luis replied, "OK Mommy, let's go. Let's go now."




It was a fun night out. I LOVE the food at Gloria's and thoroughly enjoyed a break from my low-carb diet to enjoy two margaritas, some chips & salsa and a BIG piece of cake. (It was totally worth it!!!) Luis, who had started out the morning by throwing up 3 times in 3 hours, recovered nicely and enjoyed about a 1/2 pound of cheese and sour cream for dinner. Not quiet representative of the major food groups, but it did allow for a peaceful meal.

Kyle took these pictures at dinner - it's the closest we've come to a family picture in a long time!

No comments: