Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Home Delivery

I love that I can call the supermarket (more like 7-11 than Safeway) and order groceries. And I love that they know who I am by the things that I buy. So, almost every time I order, I order diet coke (I like it as much here as I did in the US). And every time I get to that part of my order, the guy on the phone chimes in Nav Bahar (that's the name of my building)? Tonight, the phone order went like this:

Me: I'd like to order for home delivery.
Grocery Guy: Yah.
Two nestle milk - blue box
Nestle Milk?
Yah.
Blue box?
Yah.
How many?
Two
Two?
Yah.
OK.

Two nestle yogurt - plain
Nestle yogurt?
Yah.
Plain?
Yah.
How many?
Two
Two?
Yah.
OK.

Two apple juice - Ceres.
Apple Juice?
Yah.
How many?
Two.
OK.
That's all.

What building?
Nav Bahar
Nav Bahar?
Yah.
Diet Coke?

2 comments:

Jules said...

he he.

Reminds me of the chicken wing place by my house. I can call and they already know what I´m ordering.. or if I go over there on my way home they usually suggest I pay for my order and then they´ll take it to my house when it´s ready so I don´t have to sit and wait.

love that personalized service!

Unknown said...

Jiji.

and coffee?