Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Quick Ta Ta!

Luis, Mom and I leave in a couple of hours to head back to Mumbai. I'm surprised and sad that our trip is over. In just under 4 weeks, I estimate that we covered about 1,000 air miles (domestic) and about 1,000 driving miles to visit almost 65 people. It was a great, great time. A super big thank you to all who traveled, changed their schedule, and opened their homes to visit with Luis and me. It was wonderful.

Luis, for the most part, was an ideal travel companion. He slept (mostly) well in the six different places that we stayed (with 12 sleeping location changes). He charmed everyone we met - even the night we met friends for dinner in South Carolina and he was fevered and sick.

I'm a bit worried about the trip home. Mom will be on our flight, but not sitting with us. Luis is almost over his cold, but I am still feeling crummy from my sinus infection (that is my diagnosis, not that of a medical professional). Everyone, please, cross your fingers that Luis will sleep some on this trip.

It will be good to get home to Mumbai - to Ashley & Diego, our home and our routine. Stay tuned for pictures from the last 2 weeks of our time in the US, as well as tourist-y pictures as we show Mom around Mumbai, Rajasthan and Goa over the next 3 weeks.

No comments: