Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rock Hill

Luis and I flew down to SC on 12/31. Luis very kindly slept the whole way on the plane - and settled in nicely to life at 314 College Ave. Before heading down, I asked Thomas what the weather was like. He told me it was beautiful and 60. So I packed accordingly. Unfortunately, the first night we were there, it got down into the teens with a high in the mid-20's. It was COLD.

New Year's night, my cousin Mary Kathryn hosted a McDow family dinner at her place. With about 25 of us, it was SRO. The evening was great. I especially enjoyed hearing Thomas and Aunt Nell tell stories about when they were young.

On Wednesday (1/2), Mary Kathryn and her son Bo (9 mo) came over for a visit after lunch. Bo is one of the cutest babies I've seen. It certainly helps that he has a pretty mom!

Later that afternoon, Lucy invited Luis and I to come out and visit her horses. Both Luis and Shortstop were very patient for this picture. The second photo is one I loved because of the late afternoon winter light.



Aunt Nell and her children, Chuck & Nellie (both college students) came up from Columbia for dinner both 1/1 and 1/2. Luis absolutely adored Chuck & Nellie. He had endless smiles and laughs for them both and was always willing to play with and sit on their laps. It was very sweet to watch.

There is no picture of Thomas and I playing Yahtzee, though we did every night. Yahtzee has replaced bridge for Thomas and me - and I think I enjoy it more than when I was playing bridge.

No comments: