Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Vegetables!

Today, Luis tried carrots for the first time - really any vegetable for the first time. By the expression on his face, I couldn't be sure he knew it wasn't rice cereal. But, he ate up the whole bowl (whole ~ 1 tablespoon). This was all that was left on his face when he was done. At lunch, he had straight carrots. At dinner, I tried mixing some pureed carrots with some rice cereal. This was less of a hit. Not sure if Luis just wasn't hungry or if he didn't like rice & carrot cereal, I made a bowl of just rice cereal. I think he's not a fan of the combo. Tomorrow at lunch, we'll try plain carrots again.

Here is a picture of "Sippy Cup Practice" that happens every night after dinner. As a still shot, it's fair to presume that Luis is actually drinking from the cup. Don't be fooled. He's just gnawing on the spout. He did have a lot of fun lifting the cup up to his mouth. About 50% of the time, he hit the target. However, when he was going it solo, he got water into his mouth 0% of the time. I guess that's why we call it practice.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

DR said...

yummy carrots....I hope you share with me Luis