Monday, August 27, 2007

For Momma Croom

This isn't the greatest picture, but it's hard to photograph Luis up close w/o getting a blurry shot (b/c he's always on the move). While I was still pregnant, Mom started asking me when it was that the children in Diego's family got curly hair. Were they born with it? Did it come as an infant? A toddler? Did I think Luis's hair would be curly? Mom is very, very interested in the curl of Luis's hair.

And now, you can really start to see it. On the sides, he has kind of big curls that stick out a bit. In the back, he has small, tight little curls that mostly stick to his head. And, unfortunately, on the top he has straight hair. This, he gets from me. I'm sure we have quite some time before we really know what Luis's hair will do. I'd be happy with it straight (like me). Or curly (like Diego). Or even wavy (a nice mix). I just hope he gets thick Rincon hair and not fine hair like mine.
PS - The eye color is still a bit up for grabs. They are somewhere between blue and brown - but not really green. My eyes are hazel-green. I wonder if Luis will get hazel-brown (does that exist??).

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

there's brown with a greenish tinge...

Jules said...

Yup. What we call "mop" or "trapero" eyes, they absorb colors as they go.

Momma Mercedes says: you can start trimming Luis´hair, you can do this yourself, to try and even it out, that way the real hair will come in faster, and it is still possible that the straight hair on top is still baby fluff and that it will eventually grow out and give way to curls.

And if you wish to keep the hair light, washing it with chammommile shampoo can help...

(I don´t think that worked with us- jules)