Sunday, August 12, 2007

Luis's 1st Self-Inflicted Bruise


No - it's not the big red dot on his forehead, that is a bug bite. If you see the little scratch over his eye - that's it. Luis was trying to climb over a couch pillow that was on the floor. He's pretty good at getting up onto something, but the downhill part is still a bit much for him. On this particular occasion he face planted into a stacking cup scratching and bruising his eye.
I was a particularly prone to getting hurt when I was a child (my step dad called me the Master of Disaster). After seeing Luis's bruise, Sandy petted him very sweetly on the head and said, "I'm very sorry Luis, but you inherited some pretty bad 'getting hurt' genes." I'm afraid Sandy is probably right...

5 comments:

DR said...

chics dig scars especially on ruggers

Luis Hernán Rincón Rincón said...

There is always the first bruise and the tremendous impact it brings to parents. But we use to say that a kid who does not get hit does not get mature ("chico que no se golpea no se madura"). Fortunately, the eye was not hurt.

Unknown said...

Is that red hair?

and what was the eye color final?

Mary said...

The hair is flirting with the idea of being red - changing it's mind from time to time. As for the eye, no bruise actually developed, though the scrape is still there.

Mom101 said...

Well if he got that the same place I did (ie Maggie's backyard) he got off easy. I have about 60 of them on my ankles alone.

It was great to see you and meet your sweet boy - can't wait to read about the Indian adventures!