Friday, August 24, 2007

More Long Nights

This started out as a picture of Luis sleeping in the middle of the day. But at the same time that I started shooting (pictures, of course), he started to wake up. We've had three long nights in a row now. Luis is having a tough time adjusting his body clock. By day, he is sweet, happy-go-lucky self. He eats and naps on schedule. By night, he is awake, but tired and cranky. Last night, he was up from 11p until 2:30a. I guess the good news is that he's getting back to sleep earlier - the first night it was 5a and the second night it was 4a.
Alison, my sis-in-law - who has transported her three babies across lots and lots of time zones - encourages me to give Luis a week to sort himself out. I am trying that. The result is that I'm just as tired this morning as I was on other mornings - but I'm feeling much more zen about it all.
One good thing about being so tired is that it seems easier to reset your body clock.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: