Monday, August 27, 2007

What Do I Miss Most?

One week. We've been here almost one week. What do I miss the most (so far)? Not toilet paper that does not feel like newspaper (take a moment with that double negative). Not drinkable tap water. Not being a native speaker. What I miss the most is two simple things: a cutting board and a kitchen timer. I have already cut myself3 times in the kitchen, dicing up fruits and veggies in my hand (for pureeing). And I've 3 times forgotten about the thing that was boiling away on the stove (again, Luis's food).
The good news is that our cargo ship was due to dock today. If that's the case, we are about two weeks away from getting our things. I do have a cutting board in our shipment. As for the kitchen timer, I'm putting it on my shopping list!!

No comments: