Friday, August 24, 2007

One of My New Friends in Mumbai

The view out our living room is the Arabian Sea. For 180-degrees. It's really beautiful and soothing. Both Luis and I enjoy watching the water. We also have lots (I mean LOTS) of birds that fly around. There are a bunch of ravens. Some doves. A family of 6 or so green parakeets. Other birds that I don't know the names of. But by far, my favorite are the hawks. They do fly-by's in front of my window all day long. The way they sort of float on the ocean breeze is a bit mesmerizing. I can't tell how many there are. I've seen 4 of them together at once.
Yesterday, I looked out the window to the balcony (the rear of the apartment, which over looks not the ocean). A hawk was sitting on the railing, just watching me. I wish, wish, wish that I'd had my camera - he was stunning.
One thing about the hawks - they make me a little bit glad that we didn't bring Muffles. Those claws look BIG!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: