Monday, September 17, 2007

A Cool Sea Breeze

I don't talk too much about the weather around here (except for the parts about the rains, which, I think, have ended). Most people rightfully assume that it's HOT. I was Skype-ing the other day with Sarah and Will. Will (who is 4) said, "I don't ever want to go to India!!" When I asked him why, he said, "Because it's hot hot hot all of the time." When I used to live in Arizona, I would say that there were 3 seasons - hot, really hot and not too hot. I think that India will be a little like that.

Today, I took Luis and Ashley out for a walk at the time of the day that is most convenient to us - 3p. Unfortunately, it is probably the least conducive time to go. It was hot. Miserable hot. Sun beating down on you hot. Everyone was sweaty and panting when we returned 35 minutes later. I had to change my clothes and take a shower. Luis drank 1/2 a sippy cup of water. Ashley panted for a good 30 minutes. It was terrible.

But now, 3 1/2 hours later, it's lovely. I've opened up all of the windows in the living room - and the corresponding windows/doors along the back of the apartment and there is a great, cool sea breeze blowing through. Ashley and I are sitting out on the patio enjoying the air. She has her nose up in the air, sniffing at the 1,000s of smells in the air. I'm trying to drown out the 1,000's of horns that are honking (nearly impossible). (Luis went to bed early tonight - he was too tired to make it to his normal bedtime. Diego is not yet home from work.)

I think I'm going to go inside to get my stationery, and catch up on some letters - and enjoy this nice cool air for as long as it lasts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oooh, next will be a picture of the balcony and you taking in the sunset...:D it sounds delightful