Monday, September 10, 2007

Some More of Our Neighbors

There is a tremendously large stray-dog population here. I couldn't begin to guesstimate the numbers, but I'd say there are at least 30 that live along the sea walk (a ~1 mile walk) in front of our apartment. Mostly, they look like a pretty generic mix of dog. And, mostly they are quite, docile dogs. This one was having a nice snooze on a bench along the promenade (sea walk) one afternoon. When it's REALLY hot and sunny, they sleep under the benches to get some shade.
Ashley is not so fond of the strays. In her defense, often they will growl at her when we are out walking. For me, it is hard not to stop and pet the dogs or to want to take them in and help them. I guess I'm lucky that Luis hasn't really noticed them yet. I think it will be difficult to explain to him the difference between pets (like Ashley) and strays (like this guy). All things in good time, I suppose.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: