Sunday, September 23, 2007

Luis & Mary


I have blogged before about how happy I am to have the booster chair for Luis. The Bumbo seat was not enough to contain him, and I love having the tray to put finger foods on. Luis, on the other hand, is not always so thrilled about the booster. He fusses when it's time to get into the chair, and sometimes cries for several minutes after being strapped in. Once the food has been presented and a couple of bites have been pried into his mouth, he is usually fine.

On Thursday, he would have nothing to do with the booster. He cried and cried and cried and cried. I changed the menu of dinner to all things he liked. Still, he cried. Finally I gave up and took him out. After settling him down, I sat him on my lap and tried to offer him a bite of food. He ate it slowly. Then another, then another. For 50 minutes, we sat at the table slowly, slowly eating dinner.

In a way, it was nice to sit cuddled up with Luis feeding him. He's such an active child that there not a lot of times when he'll sit still and snuggle. Sigh. At the same time, I was determined to get him back in the booster seat for the next meal.


No comments: